- #: 634
- Price: $1.99 In Apple Store
- Category: Reference
- Updated: 2011-02-09
- Current Version: 1.4.1
- Size: 0.80 MB
- Language: English, Chinese, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish
- Seller: Nikolai Krill
- Requirements: Compatible with iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad. Requires iOS 3.1 or later
- © 2011 Comoki Software
Add to Favorite apps
★ As seen on the new AT&T ad: bit.ly/iwiki-tv ★Experience Wikipedia flawlessly on your iPhone or iPod. With iWiki, accessing Wikipedia becomes quick and easy with a powerful set of features and perfectly optimized articles for reading on your…..
What's New in Version 1.4.1
- Fixed crashing issue with iOS 3.x
- Current section highlighted in table of contents
- Pinch to change font size, swipe with two fingers to navigate (iOS 3.2 or later)
- General bugfixes and improvements
- Retina display support
- Multitasking support
- Fixed the double-tap fullscreen mode
- Ability to choose between different fonts within the Settings app
- Other general improvements
If you like iWiki, a favorable review in iTunes is highly appreciated! :)
Rated 2/5 based on 3 customer reviews.
Easily my favorite wiki app
Brad Short write:
I have used all the wikipedia based apps this one has always been top notch. It's on the front page of my iPhone, I use it daily. Mega props!
No red "location" dots on maps
Tad Davis write:
If you look up a city on Wikipedia -- for example, Paris -- one of the useful features is often a map of the country with a red dot showing the city's location.
So far I haven't found a single Wikipedia app that successfully displays this info -- with the exception of Wikipedia's own app. Compare the maps in the two apps and you'll see what I mean. Other wiki apps either display the dot way out of place or don't display it at all.
It's a small thing, but details matter.
Is it possible none of the developers have ever noticed this?
Where's my search bar?
This app was well worth the money prior to the recent update. The search bar and back and forward buttons disappear, it crashes, and the new font is horrible. Release the previous version again. FYI, updates are meant to make it better not worse.
Write a Review
The information may be outdated. For actual information go to iTunes
Related to «iWiki» applications
Experience Wikipedia beautifully on your iPad. With iWiki HD, accessing Wikipedia becomes quick and easy with a powerful set of features and perfectly optimized articles for reading on your iPad… [more..]
Price: $2.99 |
View all related to: iWiki applications